Name:
Location: DFW, TX

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

ROUTE 66 part 1
Get your kicks on Route 66. Now I fully understand that saying. It's just amazing riding. You can only imagine what it was like back in those days when people drove their old ( back then new ) cars and motorcycles across that road. And all the roadside attractions; what was cool and fun back then is now called cheesy, gaudy, or tackie. But all this cheesy stuff... attracts thousands of people every year to Route 66. It's a road where you can go back in time and relive those days gone by.
The next few pics are of Tom's and my Route 66 road trip.

Here we are taking a break and enjoying the sights. See the dinosaur in the reflection- we were trying to remember who it reminded us of. I thought it was an old girlfriend, Tom thought it looked alot like himself but just a little older ( TOM WON ). Here is a roadside motel. Yes, they are TeePees. And back then people really stayed in them. What's cool is the owners have left some old cars there to give it that "back to the past" look. I can just imagine what Karen would do to me it if I told her, " I booked this really cool motel"

We overheard some girls talking about how much they like men in uniform ( especially firemen ). So we found the truck, put the uniforms on and we waited and waited and waited... Yep we gave up. What we forgot to hear ( or chose not to hear ) was the part about YOUNG men in uniform.

Well after the fireman thing we went and found some desperate girls. Hey, they were a little bit stiff but they didn't argue and never said no ( YEAH BABY ).


This is a great action shot of Tom going down the road. I picked up this photo technique from my buddy Gary. Please don't try this at home. We are professionals. Great skill, stupidity, and down right crazyness is needed to perform this photo technique. The next few pics are of the same great action shots. So just sit back and enjoy.

Well, hope you liked the action shots. I will soon have more to show. Here we are saying : "Hey, Elio do you think those girls see us yet? " "I don't know Tom but just keep looking tough. " Here is Tom clapping as he says: " WOO HOO. Look Elio, those girls are looking. I think they see us ,I think they see us. " NO, TOM ! They are looking at the petrified forest behind you and they are probably saying, "look at that big petrified log some one painted blue". Hey, Tom hand me that tool pouch I brought, I think I can get it running ! I'M KING OF THE WORLD ! Here is Tom saying, "Hurry up and take the damn pic before I start crying. I'm afraid of heights". Look at the death grip he has on that bar and bush. HELLO, TOM ! YOU ARE A FLIGHT ATTENDANT.

Oh, great ! Here is another ASS wanting to take a pic with me. Maybe if I act asleep he'll go away. The least he could do is feed me like all the other asses.

Well, hope you have enjoyed Part 1 of ROUTE 66. Stay tuned for part 2 with more fun great pics.

ELIO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home